
I strained my MCL (medial collateral ligament-#2 in the pic) last week running. Am still not sure when or how I did it. It's not a typical running injury-more like one football players get when someone twists their leg. All of this is info I received from my new fabulous chiropractor (Dr. Pitt-also Crissy's brother-in-law) after a gentle but somewhat painful examination. Right now I'm supposed to RICE (rest, ice, compress, elevate) it and go back Monday to see what the status is. Definitely not running the Austin Half anymore. Right now I'm pretty scared to run ever again.
8 comments:
yes, ouch! am sad for you and your having to forfiet Austin too. I even read somewhere that the t-shirts are v. cool - not maroon or anything like that.
Sometimes you get all fit and it just jacks you up anyway. I'm going to eat a case of twinkies.
Sorry to hear that! It sounds painful. Hope you feel better soon. At least you can brag about having a pro-football-level injury. You shouldn't have to do anything all season!
That sucks! How long does that take to heal? You need to stop playing football in your sleep.
You at least scored a touchdown on the play in which you were injured, right? Don't try to fool us with the whole "I was just running and strained my MCL" bit. You've been playing for the Corpus Christi Sharks for the last couple years now, haven't you!! Seriously though...I hope you get back on your feet (injury free) soon. MCLs take a while to heal...and if you only strained it, you shouldn't need surgery. Keep us posted on your recovery! We'll keep you in our prayers!
I am just so proud of you for not fainting and scaring the Chiropractor during your painful exam :) You've come a long way, baby!
wowy, your knee looks so boney and sinewy since i last saw it; glad you weren't in haiti when it happened or you would be minus one limb--feel better, yet? hmm...should mom and i give up the master br for you so you won't have to climb the stairs? can't wait to see the clan.
love,
poppy
Sad I won't get to see you in Austin. Hope your knee recovers soon though. Thanks for reminding me why I don't do crazy things like train for half marathons.
Post a Comment