Monday, April 01, 2013

Food Diary: Day 1

6:30 a.m. Look in my pantry and find only 2 foods I can eat: rice and beans. Choose to skip breakfast and pack them for my lunch. 

11:20 a.m. Heat up my rice and beans. They're pretty bland, but I'm still on a high from doing this experiment, so it's okay. 

1:06 p.m. Dave texts me an angry apple picture. These Honey Crisp apples (the only kind ALWAYS crunchy enough for me) cost him $25 and he's not happy. Am thinking maybe I should do my own shopping next time. 




1:30 p.m. Am off my high, HUNGRY, and begging Dave to bring me some apples and carrots. He refuses to bring the precious apples (out of principle) but promises some carrots in about an hour.  

2:45 p.m. CARROTS!!! 

4:15 p.m. APPLE!!! Yes, I ate the whole monstrous thing, so it wasn't a waste of money. Okay, honey? :) 

5:45 p.m. Find my new mantra while reading Wisdom Meets Passion: Live Simply so others can Simply Live. Love, love, love this. 

8:00 p.m. Whip up a delightful meal of sautéed chicken and avocados. I even say a prayer of thanks before eating it, which I think might be the point of this little experiment.

2 comments:

Wendo said...

How were days 2 & 3?

Mariah said...

Days 2, 3 and 4 have gone really well!