Tuesday, November 28, 2006

working girl

yesterday was my first day as a sub in mia's class while her teacher's out of town. i didn't know what to expect from a class of seven 2 year-olds but i ended up really liking it. the kids are sweet (not mouthy like my old fourth-graders) and they have their routines down pat, so things went pretty smoothly. the biggest surprise was that mia was good. i thought she was going to demand a lot of extra attention and flip out on me, but she only cried once when i wouldn't hold her. and the hardest part was definitely keeping track of who pottied when, who was in diapers, and who was about to have an accident. i might be taking over the younger two year-old class in january (with only 5 kids), so this week is a good test run. i enjoyed being out of the house with the kids but not really with the kids, if that makes any sense. and i still have one more day to sub this week, so we'll see if it's as pleasant as the first...

4 comments:

crissyjane said...

knew you'd do great - have fun tomorrow!

J-Wall said...

As long as it pays (the right amount), right? ;) Brave woman!

mrspractical said...

Last time I substituted (when hubby was out of work)I did kindergarten one time and then said "never again".

The potty issue, whining, snot rubbed on me, kid throwing up, temper tantrums...

Give me middle schoolers.

You ARE so brave.

DA Wagners said...

I really did like your outfit today at school, though you're putting the other teachers to shame. You're also putting my blog to shame. I can't keep up with you! Nice gingerbread house by the way! I would love to do one, but I don't have enough guts! Just another thing on my list of things Mariah can do that I can't (run marathon, dance like Tina Turner, make Gingerbread house . . .).