Sunday, March 31, 2013

I'm Baaaack!

So, I've been reading again. And as usual, that can be dangerous. Especially when you read authors like David Platt, Jen Hatmaker and Shane Claiborne, who mess with your head. Right now I'm struggling with this issue: why do I have so much when so many around the world have so little? How much is too much? So I'm starting Jen Hatmaker's experiment in a mutiny against excess, based on her book 7. My trusty pal Sunny is doing it with me, even though we both have serious doubts about this experiment (and our sanity). This is a 7 month project. The first month we are choosing 7 foods to eat. For the WHOLE month. I've chosen chicken, rice, beans, avocados, eggs, carrots and apples. I'm cheating a bit and allowing myself to have coffee, cream & sugar every morning because otherwise I will likely start killing people with my bare hands. So, that's it. I'm starting tomorrow. I'm hoping that this experiment will not just make me more grumpy, but will empty me of me and make more room for Jesus in my life. I hope to hear from him more as I stuff myself less. And I hope to catch a vision for who he wants me to be, as I start a new chapter of my life entitled Stay-at-Home-Mom, Part II.

No comments: